Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Holiday Tea Yumminess

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, well the way to my heart is through tea!  I love all things tea; tea pots, tea cups, tea sandwiches, and I have certainly never been one to say no to a yummy scone.  Some folks can’t get through their day without a cup of coffee, well for me it’s tea. Tea wakes me up,  puts me to sleep, and fixes pretty much every problem.  Anywho, you get the point, so since I am always finding new delicious teas and beautiful tea pots that I just have to have I will share them with you and maybe convert you to a tea lover as well.

Right now I am all about seasonal everything, as is the rest of the world and there is no shortage of holiday teas out there.  The other day I picked up this “Harvest Stackable” tin from Sprouts Farmers Market.  It’s by Zhena’s and I really love their teas.  They only sell 100% organic and 100% fair trade certified teas which is super important to me.

Think about it, you can’t wash off your tea leaves before steeping them, so you are basically drinking a nice warm cup of chemicals.  Yuck!

Okay, back to the tea.  This tin comes with 4 sachets of each flavor; Pumpkin Spice, Caramel Apple, Chocolate Truffle, and Cranberry Bliss.  I have tried them all and they are delicious.  The only bad thing I have to say is that I have had better Pumpkin Spice tea else where, but it’s still incredibly yummy.  I have seen Zhena’s sold at Sprouts, Whole Foods, and even at HomeGoods once in a while so keep your eyes peeled and pick some up!



The next tea I am loving this holiday season is Peppermint Bark.  A couple of weeks ago my mom and I were out shopping and were lured into Teavana by their free samples.  They have a limited edition White Chocolate Peppermint tea right now that is to die for.  I was in love and about to buy a tin for myself and my mom but it wasn’t organic.  I know we would drink all of this tea right up and as tempting and delicious as it was I wanted an organic version.  Flash forward a week and I get my favorite catalogue in the mail, The Republic of Tea.  My favorite because well it’s all about tea and they always include a free sample.  Who does that?!?!  It’s always exciting for me and guess what the sample was this time…Organic Peppermint Bark!  As soon as I took a sip I was all Teavana who? and this was now my official tea of Christmas.  It's organic, nongmo, caffeine free, gluten free, sugar free, carb free…free of everything but deliciousness! Go now and get some, you can thank me later.





1 comment :