Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My new $10 nightstand...



As soon as I had my new bed I realized I needed a new larger nightstand.  In my dream world where money is no option I would like this...
 ...found on 1stdibs... or even this...

             ......also on 1stdibs...`

....but those are completely out of my budget, actually most things are out of my budget since I spent all my money on my new bed.  So while visiting the local Habitat for Humanity store with my mom one afternoon I spotted this...


...best part, it was only $10.  Hello new nightstand!  I went out to pick up some white/cream chalk paint but was distracted by this beautiful color...


My room is slowly becoming quite eclectic and colorful....and I love it.


I painted it right away but couldn't figure out what to do with the feet.....


They were wrapped in bronzey/brassy metal that I really liked but one side for sure, and maybe both, had to be replaced.  I thought about it, researched it, and after a while came to terms that I didn't have the tools or the skills to do this right now.  So I ripped all the metal off, sanded down the wood, and painted it gold to match my lamp.  The only thing left to do is cut and paint a piece of wood to replace the shelf that used to be there, but that can wait a little longer....









No comments :

Post a Comment