Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall is finally here...




Fall is here, but it sure doesn't feel like it.  Okay maybe a little, it's been in the 90's instead of the 100's.  I have been pulling out old plants from summer and starting some new things for fall, like pumpkins.
...this guy will not be ready for Halloween, maybe thanksgiving?

...the plants have taken over my yard...

...this big guy is fully grown and just starting to turn colors..fingers crossed he's ready soon...

...in this bed I'm starting carrots, beats, cilantro, and acorn squash..
something keeps eating the leaves on my seedlings, hense the jars...

...in this bed I'm experimenting with potatoes...

 ...I finally have peppers! I have poblanos, pasillas, and jalapenos ....



...I am also trying to grow mini white pumpkins, but something keeps eating them...
that something is white and fluffy and named Leo...


Besides gardening I have done a tiny bit of fall decorating.  I have very limited storage space and most of it is taken up by Christmas decor so Halloween and other holidays sorta get the short end of the stick.



...I reused some old flowers and this container I saved from an edible arrangement..
I knew I would use it someday...

...have you tried the pumpkin spice latte M&M's yet? so good...

...the only little pumpkins that survived Leo...



I have also brought home a few vintage treasures...

...I think Morty has his eye on that Coca-Cola tray...

...I found the sweetest little ironstone dishes...
...Rose bouquet Made in England by Johnson Bros...

...so pretty they had to come home...
...silk prints with gilded wood frame handmade in Florence, Italy...

I should have some of the dishes and the pictures up on etsy in the next week...if I can part with them...






No comments :

Post a Comment