Monday, April 20, 2015

The Big 3 0



So another week has gone by without a post...obviously I'm bad at regularly updating this blog.  Sooo we should probably just acknowledge right here and now that this is not going to be a blog with posts every day or even every other day.  I mean who has time for that anyways? I'm busy, you're busy.  Let's just agree to meet up here at least few times a month...okay? Okay.

Now what was I doing last week that kept me so busy?  My 30th Birthday of course!

Yes, I am one of those people who celebrates their birthday for a whole week.  I feel like I deserve it and I need a whole week of fun.  Which in all honesty translates into a week of me eating what ever I want, sleeping in super late, and slacking majorly on my chores.  Then the actual day of my birthday I go all out.  In years past I have spent the day at the spa or spent the day shopping.  This year my birthday might have been the best yet.

I woke up super early which is unusual for me.  There are only 3 things that I will wake up early for: work, a flight, or a garage/estate sale.  Lucky for me there were a couple really good estate sales the morning of my birthday that I just had to visit.  Even luckier, probably 30th birthday luck, is that I scored some pretty fun stuff.  I was excited to pick up a few bags of craft supplies for a few bucks and these pretty pieces all had to come home with me...

I fell in love with this umbrella stand...

this painting is so charming, but that frame! love it!

and the best and most exciting find...this flatware set!

Nobility Plate Oneida 1939 Royal Rose Pattern, so pretty!


Then after my morning of treasure hunting it was time for celebrating!  

one of a few pictures I did remember to take...

Since I love a good cup of tea the only logical way to gather my friends was for afternoon tea.  I chose to have my tea at Veranda at the Four Seasons.  This was my first time there and it did not disappoint.  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of it! What was I thinking?!?!  I guess this just means I will have to go back again to take pictures.  I can say that the food was amazing.  Everything was delicious and the service was great.  I have been to tea at the Mandarin Oriental before and while you simply cannot beat the view or atmosphere of the Mandarin Oriental the food at the Four Seasons was so much yummier.  The portions at the Four Seasons were also much larger and none of us could finish and we had to bring home a couple of boxes of yummy desserts.  

To top off my week of celebrating we had my parents over for some yummy smoked brisket that my hubby cooked and my mom brought with her the best birthday cake ever!  Seriously the best cake I have ever had.  She got it from my favorite cup cake shop called ShowBoy BakeShop.  They have a cupcake called The Bombshell which is sweet strawberry cake topped with champagne buttercream.  It has to be my favorite cupcake flavor and they made this cupcake into a cake in the shape of a tea cup complete with sugar cubes!  It was so cute and so delicious.  I am such a lucky girl and this definitely made the sting of turning 30 so much easier to bare. 










No comments :

Post a Comment