Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snow Day Fun, or Not...

One of the things I love about our neighborhood is the events they hold for kids and families.  Yesterday they held a "Snow Day" for the kids which is very fun considering we live in the desert.  There were snacks and most importantly snow! They brought in a huge ramp/mountain for sledding and covered the whole thing with snow.  Tons of kids showed up and stayed long after the event was cleaned up and the mountain taken down.

This morning the park was empty and there was still quite a bit of snow left so it was the perfect time to take my "kids" to the park to play.  I was so excited for them to get to play in the snow for the first time so we all ran to the park.  However, once we got there  I was the only one left excited.   They had no idea what it was and would jump over the small piles and only wanted to walk in the grass.  I'm sure they were not thrilled about the cold stuff on the their feet.  I should have put their shoes on, but I was a bad pet parent and was just in such a hurry to go play in the snow.  I made them walk in it for a couple minutes convinced they would change their minds, but no such luck.  Oh well, I guess they are truly desert doggies.  At least I got a couple pictures of them looking cute in it.

Morty


 Leo (in green) and Morty


 quickly pulling me off the snow

No comments :

Post a Comment